Happy Halloween! I thought I would give just a few gentle reminders for those that will trick or treat tonight. Granted this will not cover every possible thing, but it is a good start. The funny part about these tips are that some are still true today as they were when I was a child, the main difference being added technology for today.
1. Have a flash light or glow stick with you.
2. Maybe there is a phone app that acts like a light or you can just use your back light.
3. Examine your candy before you eat it or hand it out.
4. Have a cell phone with you.
5. Stick close to your family or friends.
6. Stay on the sidewalk.
7. Cross the street carefully…looking both ways…make sure there are no cars coming.
8. Watch where you walk…cracks in the sidewalk/driveway, Halloween effects etc.
9. Say Trick or Treat and Thank you! C’mon we all use manners, even on Halloween.
10. Keep track of your costume props or loose clothing.
11. Walk don’t run.
12. Turn your light off if you are going out or if you do not have candy/treat…nothing like a kid just waiting at your door until you answer.
13. Only have your light on if you have candy…nothing like a kid wanting candy/treat and not getting it. (see 12)
14. Dress or wear warmer clothes if the temperature calls for it.
15. Be aware of candles and other flammable items.
16. Don’t walk on the grass.
17. Don’t eat too much candy when you get home.
18. HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!!!
Does anyone have another tip to offer that I may have missed?